Current Imbalance(s): IBS / Chronic constipation / GERD / Constant pain in stomach / Gastritis
Therapies: Functional Medicine along with Holistic Integrative Medicine
Consulting Date: 05-08-2022
Our member had been suffering from stomach pain for the last 5 years. She visited many renowned doctors but the problem still persisted. They gave her a lot of antibiotic courses and also went through a number of tests including multiple endoscopies and colonoscopies, with no improvement at all.
Case Management: Functional Medicine along with Holistic Integrative Medicine, is focused on finding the root cause of disease(s), addressing it with lifestyle & nutritional modifications across 12 dimensions, correct supplementation and helping the member become disease free. Thorough blood work was done to know her nutritional deficiencies, heavy metal load, thyroid, liver and kidney function. Along with blood work thorough symptoms details and medical history was taken.
Finding: Member had a long-standing history of taking antacids and laxatives mostly prescribed by the doctors. Due to long term use of antibiotics she had developed dysbiosis and small intestinal bacterial overgrowth (SIBO).
- Discontinuation of antacids and antibiotics
- Betaine HCl supplements to support her gastric digestion of food
- Elimination of inflammatory and hybrid food from the diet
- Including positive & non-inflammatory food in the diet
- Advised to practice intermittent fasting
- Supplements to correct her nutritional deficiencies
- Herbs to control dysbiosis and SIBO and natural probiotics to increase diversity of gut flora
“They studied my case thoroughly and recommended a change in diet (e.g. no wheat, no dairy products, no milk and addition of millets etc.). They further suggested natural probiotics, cold pressed coconut oil, homemade detox drink after which I started feeling much better and that too without any medicines” – As reported by the member herself