Creamy Miso Mushroom Pasta
Kodo millet is a traditional grain that is making a comeback in popularity. It has a nutty flavour and a chewy texture, making it a great addition to any meal.
It is also very nutrient-dense, providing a good source of protein, fiber, and vitamins. The Kodo Millet Chinese Style dish is hearty and filling, and it is a great option for a perfectly healthy meal.
- Preparation time- 10 minutes
- Cooking time- 30 minutes
- Total time- 40 minutes
- Servings- 4 people
- Kodo Millet- 1 cup
- Spring Onions- 2-3 sliced bulbs
- French Beans- ½ cup, chopped
- Corn Kernels- ¼ cup
- Carrot- ¼ cup, chopped
- Bell Peppers- ½ cup, chopped
- Spring Onions- 1 small, chopped
- Ginger- ½ tbsp, chopped
- Garlic- 3-4 cloves, chopped
- Chillies- as per taste
- Miso Paste- 2 tsp
- Oil- 2 tsp
- Rice Vinegar- 1 tbsp
- Salt- as per taste
- Pepper- as per taste
- Cook Kodo Millet and keep it aside.
- Add 2 tsp oil to a pan and heat until hot. Add finely chopped ginger, chilies, and garlic and fry for 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add onions to your pan and saute them on high heat until they’re golden brown. Cut the vegetables into thin slices and add them. Saute and cook until the vegetables are soft.
- Add 2 tsp of miso paste to the pan and mix well. Deglaze the pan with some rice vinegar.
- Season with some salt and pepper.
- Add cooked millet to your pan and saute for a minute. Garnish with some freshly chopped spring onions and serve it hot – enjoy!
Miso paste is a fermented soybean paste that is commonly used in Japanese cuisine. It has a salty, umami flavor and is used as a condiment or ingredient in many dishes. To make miso paste, soybeans are first cooked and then fermented with a mold called koji. The koji breaks down the soybeans and creates enzymes that contribute to the fermentation process. The soybeans are then mixed with salt and water to create the miso paste.
Miso paste can be used in many different dishes, such as soups, stews, sauces, and marinades. It is also a common ingredient in Japanese noodle dishes.
share this post
Warning: Illegal string offset 'category_name' in /home/customer/www/wellfinity.in/public_html/wp-content/themes/wellfinity-astra-child/functions.php on line 387